Okay so not EXACTLY your vagina, more like your pubic area. But you’ll know what I mean here. We go through all the latest and greatest vag decor options… But natural, nude or neither – that’s cool. It’s your vagina – you do what you wish with it. But we do LOVE talking about vaginas here at Stay at Home Mum – so see what we have found for you!
1. Want hair down there but have none? Why not try a Merkin! WTF is a Merkin? Well it is a ‘wig’ for your vagina. Yes, they are a thing. Yes, you can buy them! They come in all sorts of colours, shapes, and sizes. We found these for sale on Etsy (with an apt named store ‘Merkin Store’). For $52 you too can have a Twat Toupee!
2. Vajazzling Yes yes you have heard of it – but have you actually SEEN it? Generally, vajazzling is applying tiny crystals to your nether regions in a pattern – and there are so many cutie patootie options now, your vagina need never leave the house without bling ever again
3. Bleach your labia or butt-hole Before we start – can we just say that this sounds bloody painful… But apparently it isn’t…. And who is looking at your labia so hard they think you need to bleach it? Anyhoo… If you are going to go there, make sure you use products that are made especially for this part of the body! All reviews tell us that the South Beach Gel is the best and ‘brightest’ way to lighten your lady-garden area without getting third-degree burns.
4. Vaginal Laser Rejuvenation There are many cosmetic surgeries offering Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation that apparently make your vagina “healthier and better-lubricated.” They insert a laser into your vagina and ‘Light Sabre’ the inside of your vagina which stimulates growth of the repair cells and regenerates important tissue structure. It is a ‘walk-in, walk-out’ painless procedure and is done at many cosmetic surgeries around Australia.
5. Vulva Lipstick There’s lippy for the lady down there! It’s an actual thing… People find pretty colours for their second pair of lips to make them look extra girly. And apparently ‘these’ lips get chaffed occasionally too!
6. Vagacial: (A Vaginal Facial) The older we get the more wrinkles we get, everywhere. For ladies who love skincare and pruning, Vagacial is the new best thing! with a full Vagacial comes cleansing, moisturising and a smooth surface left over. Prettyyyy! Just Google “Vagina Facials” and your suburb, I’m sure there will be a therapist nearby!
7. Stuff Brazilian, go French. The French wax is by far the prettiest looking grooming style, delicate and tidy without being completely bare and bold. You can ask your beauty therapist for a ‘French’ – or alternatively, you can buy small templates so you can wax yourself at home!
8. Yoni Egg Yoni egg is another vagina crystal type thing, supposedly made to bring lust and passion into your sex life, having it in before intercourse will make for a lustful experience for both partners… We could all use a bit of that! Plus the bottom of the crystal kinda hangs out – so it’s like a vagina earring.
9. Clitoris Piercing The most popular vagina prettifier goes to the clit piercing, give you bits some bling with one of these bad boys. There are two different sorts – there is the Clitoral head piercing (which is the most popular) where the piercing goes through the hood of the clitoris, not the clitoris itself. This is provided you have enough of a clitoral hood to actually pierce!
Then there is the ACTUAL clitoris piercing – which is uncommon as there is the potential for nerve damage. Some women also find that direct clitoral piercing will be too ‘sensitive’ for intercourse (so really, what’s the point?).
10. Non-Piercing Labia Clip CLIT CLIP!!! This is a favourite for sure! Without the permanence of a piercing, these pretty clips can be put on for extra special nights for a bit of fun! They are clipped onto your labia flaps and come in all different styles and colours. This is a very non-invasive way to decorate your vag.
Jody Allen Jody Allen Founder/Chief Content Editor Jody is the founder and essence of Stay at Home Mum. An insatiable appetite for reading from a very young age had Jody harbouring dreams of being a published author since primary school. That deep seeded need to write found its way to the public eye in 2011 with the launch of SAHM. Fast forward 4 years and a few thousand articles Jody has fulfilled her dream of being published in print. With the 2014 launch of Once a Month Cooking and 2015’s Live Well on Less, thanks to Penguin Random House, Jody shows no signs of slowing down. The master of true native content, Jody lives and experiences first hand every word of advertorial she pens. Mum to two magnificent boys and wife to her beloved Brendan; Jody’s voice is a sure fire winner when you need to talk to Mums.